Our fine Ibérico meats will allow you to enjoy a variety of delightful cuts, ranging from a succulent steak right through to a deliciously simple hamburger cooked as you like it and always overflowing with flavor and unctuousness.
For this recipe we have chosen the Cabecero Ibérico (Collar) as it will allow for the mellowest and juiciest of textures. You can also use the Presa Ibérica (part of the collar) or Prime Secreto (marbled shoulder cut). You can of course also combine a couple of prime cuts and achieve the ideal proportion of meat/fat. Example: Ibérico Sirloin and Ibérico Secreto Cruceta. This combination assures that the marbled meat of the cruceta provides the sirloin with the fat and juiciness that make the difference.
For the true fans of Ibérico cuts all that will be needed is a touch of salt. A few other additions for family barbeques could be garlic, pepper, salt and an egg added to the minced meat, which makes the recipe finger licking good. When preparing the hamburgers be gentle and never press the meat so that when it cooks the marbled fat can freely move around and liberate its flavor throughout the whole hamburger.
And now that we have all been on a baking craze why not add our own home-made Burger buns to the mix, thus forming the fluffiest and most succulent of combinations that will make your palate sing. And if you take on this baking project with the family and kids than you can enjoy the most entertaining of afternoons in good company
- Cabecero lomo (Loin collar) 500 g
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- Garlic to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mince the meat to your favourite caliber.
- Make sure to take the meat out of the fridge at least half an hour before starting.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl along with the egg and combine.
- Split up the meat into small portions for the mini-hamburgers and shape them up gently.
- Drop a film of oil on a good pan and make sure it is nice and hot and then add the hamburgers.
- Sear both sides until you have reached your favourite point.
- While the hamburgers are sizzling away slice the buns and add, or not, the ingredients you like the most: lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms, cheese,…
- As soon as the hamburger is on point, place it on the bun and …
Really, you haven’t tried making hamburger buns?
This link will lead you to the perfect récipe for your soft flavourful buns. We have tested it and we love it! We hope you enjoy it too: